October 13

Reflection on Assessment Task

For the past few weeks, we were learning about power and leadership. I choose to read the novel The Wave and the biography about Churchill. As I read The Wave, I found an interesting fact. At first the leader started the group and influenced the group, as the group get bigger and the group began to influence the leader, the leader knew it should be stopped but he didn’t because he kind of enjoyed the feeling of being that position. According of that I formulated my research question: “ Will the leader be influenced by the power of groups?” I made a power point and did a presentation to demonstrate my understanding of that. While I was making my power point, I found myself getting into a strange circle, when I was trying to demonstrate how does the power of group influence the leader, I found that its reason is kind of the same as why we follow, we are following as individual, but leader is individual, too, individual can be influenced by the group easily. So I talked about this with Mrs. Taynton, She said I don’t need to have a result, what I need to do is showing the process of thinking. So I made the conclusion using The Wave and Nazi that the leader started The Wave but didn’t control it well, instead of that he was influenced by the group, so it caused disaster, Hitler led and influenced the group but no one in the group was trying to influence him because they didn’t think about what they were doing, that caused disaster, too. But if the group of Nazi think independently and judge what they were doing and try to influence the leader, the disaster maybe can be prevented. Generally I think I did a good job, but the logic of the structure of the power point can be stronger, the cause and result can be more obvious. During doing this, I found it important to keep you main topic in your mind all the time so that you won’t go away from the topic so far and it can also keep your logic clear all the time. And when I was doing presentation, I also have something need to be improved, first of all, I don’t have enough vocabularies to demonstrate my ideas effectively and I was a little bit nervous that I forgot to talk about something I prepared. I need to work on it next time.

Tags:

Posted October 13, 2015 by camilleleman in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “Reflection on Assessment Task

1. Mrs T

Camille, your process of reflection is developing well. You clearly understand the need to reflect upon ‘how’ you did something more than what you did. Your thought process and how you came up with your ideas are well reflected upon and show a highly developed sense of self, which is to be congratulated.

One comment I would make about your blog post, though, is do be careful with the structure. Remember, this is a piece of writing which is out there for all to see, so you want to be sure you are showing yourself in your best light, which means using correct grammar and spelling at all times. It’s also a good idea to use paragraphs in your posts to break the writing up and make it easier for your reader to follow your thought process. Try to add some links, too, next time – for example a link to the documentary film about Hilter you showed, or to the novel you read.

Overall, you have more than fulfilled the expectations of this task, including a great reflection on your presentation. Good job 🙂

Reply